There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- The owners of The Porch, a small Venezuelan eatery in Lewis Center, announced that they would be closing sometime in September. They cited ongoing challenges stemming from the pandemic as the reason for closing. An exact date hasn’t been announced.
- The owner of Ashtyn’s Seafood House announced this week that its temporary closure has become permanent. The restaurant had closed temporarily for a rebrand in April.
- The owners of The Light of Seven Matchsticks announced that the underground cocktail bar will close at its current location on Sept. 18. They shared that it will be moving from the downstairs of Natalie’s in Worthington will move to a space at Natalie’s Grandview.
- Hot Chicken Takeover teased a new location coming to the former Rife’s Market/Sweet Carrot spot at 1417 W. Fifth Ave. in Grandview.
- Bake Me Happy in Merion Village announced that its original location will be open through Sept. 4 before closing to move to its new location at 500 E. Whittier St. The Bake Me Happy stall at North Market Bridge Park will remain open during the move.
- I somehow missed this, but a new eatery called Salt & Pepper Restaurant opened earlier this year at 2550 Bethel Rd., serving a mix of schwarma, kebabs, and other dishes.
- Los Guachos opens the new bar portion of its Gahanna location (1344 Cherry Bottom Rd.) today, Friday, Sept. 2.
- Business First reported that a location of Wings, Etc. will take over the old Eddie George’s Grille 27 spot at 77 S. Yard St. in Grandview.
- ‘Tis the season for wet hopped beers! Columbus Brewing Company begins releasing its wet hopped beers next Tuesday, Sept. 6 in a series called House of Wet Hops. More beers will be released throughout the season.
- North Market Bridge Park announced its Wine Fest coming next weekend, Sept. 16-17. The event includes wine tastings, live music, and food from North Market vendors.
- This week Watershed Distillery opened up an online lottery for the third batch of its double oaked barrel strength bourbon. It’s also hosting two seatings of a special private bourbon dinner on Tuesday, Sept. 13.
- The annual Columbus Greek Festival returns this weekend, Sept. 2-5, with loads of great food, art, dance, tours, and more.
This week I’m also writing:
- Buckle Up, Sports Fans! Here’s Where to Eat and Drink Before the Game
- 2022 Tastemakers: Chelsea Rennie, Kyle Hofmeister, Rob Camstra & Nick Guyton of Gemüt Biergarten (Columbus Monthly)
- The Best Way to Celebrate the Buckeyes is with Buckeye Donuts
- Take a Food Tour of the Shores & Islands (Ohio.org)
- 2022 Tastemakers: Joe Bidinger and Nikhil Sharoff of Echo Spirits Distilling Co. (Columbus Monthly)
- Ginger Rabbit Jazz Lounge offers small plates, cocktails, live music