There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- After months of rumors, Fox in the Snow confirmed this week that a Dublin location is coming to 38 W. Bridge St. sometime in 2023.
- Cameron Mitchell Restaurants announced this week that it’s partnering with Crawford Hoying to open a boutique hotel in Dublin’s Bridge Park, complete with a new CMR restaurant concept and event spaces.
- Chef Catie Randazzo, who recently moved to Los Angeles, shared yesterday that they’ll be appearing on the The Big Brunch, a cooking competition on HBO Max hosted by Dan Levy of Schitt’s Creek fame. The series is set to premiere on Nov. 10; watch the trailer here! Randazzo was most recently chef at Strongwater in Franklinton, after co-owning Ambrose & Eve with Chef Matt Heaggans and operating the Challah food truck.
- The first Columbus franchise of The Peach Cobbler Factory opens tomorrow in Gahanna at 4691 Morse Rd., in Hamilton Quarter.
- Asheville, North Carolina-based Tupelo Honey holds the grand opening of its first Columbus location at 1678 W. Lane Ave. on Wednesday, Oct. 26. Get a look at the space and dinner menu here!
- Multiple sources have reported that Grandad’s Pizza & Pub opened a new location at 1490 Bethel Rd. This is Grandad’s fourth location overall.
- Buck City Sammies shared that they will open a pop-up stall at East Market starting on Nov. 14.
- With the upcoming development of the former Giant Eagle site on Neil Ave. in Victorian Village, the location of Boston Stoker Coffee, as well as the other retail fronts there, are preparing to close by the end of the month. Boston Stoker opened another location in Grandview earlier this year, in the former Luck Bros space.
- A few sources reported earlier this month that a new, as-yet-unnamed urban winery is set to open at Franklin and Grant streets in Old Hilliard.
- 614 shared that a new pizza shop called Pizza Pizza 007 has opened in the old Papa Giorgio’s space at 3027 Indianola Ave. in Clintonville.
- And 614’s Burger & Beer Week wraps up this Saturday, Oct. 22. During the week, a variety of participating restaurants will be serving special burgers for $6-8.
- Finally, there are only two more days to catch the 2022 Circleville Pumpkin Show! While you’re there, snag the best pumpkin donuts from Lindsey’s Bakery.
This week I’m also writing:
- Visiting the G & R Tavern in Waldo for the World Famous Bologna Sandwich
- See Inside: Tupelo Honey’s First Columbus Location
- Behind the Bar: House of Spirits (OHLQ.com)
- See the Artists of High Road Gallery in Local Businesses (Experience Worthington)