There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- North Market Bridge Park announced that Hai Poke will be joining the market line-up sometime early next year. The business, which started as a pop-up before adding a food truck and then a Short North location, features the Hawaiian dish of diced, raw seafood served over bowls of rice, veggies, and seasonings.
- A new Latin American restaurant called Nativo opened this week in Creekside Gahanna at 64 Granville St., the former J. Gumbo’s spot. The restaurant features an expansive food and beverage menu that covers everything from empanadas to ceviche, Mexican bowls to steaks, chicken, seafood, pastas, and cocktails.
- This week Kroger announced the addition of a new food hall concept called Mix Food Hall to some of its stores. Each food hall will feature a variety of stalls under one storefront, allowing guests to order things like Hardee’s sandwiches, Pei Wei Asian cuisine, Fuku Fried Chicken, Nektar juice bar, bao, salads, and more. In Columbus they’ll debut the Mix locations at the Clintonville, Dublin, and Gahanna stores.
- Multiple sources have reported that three separate restaurants – S’wich Social, Galla Park Steak, and Ibex Ethiopian Bar & Restaurant – are all temporarily closed after cars crashed into them this over the past couple days.
- After closing down earlier this year, the location of Steubenville-based DiCarlo’s Pizza reopened under new owners at 4142 Main St. in Hilliard.
- A new combined pickleball court, bar, and restaurant called Pickle & Chill opens this week at 880 W. Henderson Rd.
This week I’m also writing:
- 5 Restaurants to Try This Month: November 2022
- Breakfast Sandwiches, Burritos, Rancheros Dip at the Worthington Tavern’s New Weekend Brunch
- See Inside: Poke Bunny Opens Downtown
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, search for travel inspiration, explore the breakfast map, or…
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.