Image courtesy Columbus Food Adventures at facebook.com/columbusfoodadventures
There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Several closings happened this week or are coming soon. The owners of The Dry Mill sober bar downtown (79 S. Fourth St.) announced last week that they have closed, citing a slow sales as the reason. The bar opened in April of this year.
- Nida’s Thai on High shared that they’ll close their Short North location at 976 N. High St. after Dec. 17. Their stall at North Market will remain open.
- 614 also broke the news this week that LaSalle’s Southern Kitchen & Bar at 30 S. Young St. downtown has also closed.
- And CoreLife Eatery closed its final central Ohio location, this one at Lennox Town Center.
- But it’s not all closures this week! Park Service Coffee, previously operating as a mobile trailer, shared this week that they’ve moved inside Woodhouse Vegan’s Short North bakery at 19 W. Russell St.
- Columbus Monthly broke the news that chef Andrew Smith and his wife Devoney Mills will open a brick and mortar restaurant Isla at 3060 W. Broad St. by Third Way Cafe, which is moving across the street. Isla has grown out of Smith’s and Mills’ Roys Ave Supper Club operating out of their home. Read the full story here.
- La Vieux Lyon French Bakery & Cafe has also completed the move and re-opened in a larger space at 1792 Brice Rd. in Reynoldsburg.
- The new Song Lan sushi restaurant is now open at 6628 Riverside Dr. in Dublin’s Bridge Park.
- Finally, 614 shared the news that Aracri Pizzeria’s location at 1607 N. High St. near campus has closed, and Slammer’s Bar will take over with a new pizza concept.
This week I’m also writing:
- 5 Restaurants to Try This Month: December 2022
- Make the Best Ravioli with a Class from Braised & Broiled
- Columbus Monthly‘s 10 Best Restaurants: Top Eateries for Carryout
- Columbus Monthly‘s 10 Best Restaurants: Wolf’s Ridge Brewing
- Columbus Monthly‘s 10 Best Restaurants: Rooh
- Bada Bean Bada Booze Offers the Best of Both Worlds
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, search for travel inspiration, explore the breakfast map, or…
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.