There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- After nearly 75 years in business, Michael’s Goody Boy diner in the Short North has closed. It was most recently called the Goody Boy Burger Club, owned by One Hospitality group, which also includes Forno, Standard Hall, and the Short North Pint House. (Click the link above to see how it looked in 2007!)
- Black Box Fix at Easton announced this week that it is closed temporarily because of a kitchen fire. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
- Marlow’s Cheesesteaks in Gahanna reopened this week after a brief closure, following the tragic death this week of one of their managers, Christopher Mateen. Today (Friday, Jan. 20) a part of their proceeds are going toward supporting Mateen’s family.
- This week Mr. Hibachi opened a new location at 1505 Frebis Ave. on the south side. This joins locations downtown, on Cleveland Avenue, in Powell, and on South Hamilton Road.
- Square Slice Columbus, a Detroit-style pizzeria inside Old North Arcade (2593 N. High St. in Old North), re-opened after being closed for a few weeks.
- Speaking of closures, the surface parking lot in front of the downtown North Market officially closed this week to make way for the construction of the 32-story Merchant Building. Market guests are directed to park in the Vine Street garage next to the market, where market validation rates still apply.
- In case you missed it, Columbus-based forager Alexis Nikole Nelson, aka the Black Forager, appeared on Jimmy Kimmel Live this past week! Columbus Monthly has a nice breakdown and full video of the segment.
- A new steakhouse called Cut 132 is set to open at 4188 Brighton Rose Way at Easton on Monday, Jan. 23.
- (614) Magazine‘s Restaurant Week is next week, Jan. 23-28. Dozens of restaurants are offering prix fixe, three-course meals throughout the week.
This week I’m also writing:
- Torchy’s Tacos is Our Newest Obsession
- Zen Bee Meadery Makes Its New Home in Worthington (Experience Worthington)
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, search for travel inspiration, explore the breakfast map, or…
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.