Image courtesy facebook.com/bottomsupbagels
There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- In case you missed it from last week, chef Avishar Barua opened his newest restaurant Agni in the Brewery District. They had a few technical issues with reservations early in the week, but they are online now. We got a little preview last week! Click here to read all about Agni and its offerings.
- Baltimore-based Bottoms Up Bagels will be popping up at The Daily Bar (883 N. Fourth St. in Italian Village) from March 16-26. The pop-up will run Thursdays and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., and Saturdays and Sundays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., or until they sell out.
- We hope you’re in a fried chicken mood! Three new fried chicken places are opening this week or next. First off, CM Chicken (aka one of our obsessions) has opened its third Central Ohio shop, this one at 5947 S. Sunbury Rd. in Westerville. This is the former home of Gena’s Restaurant. It joins shops in Pickerington and on the northwest side.
- Second, a new Korean fried chicken spot called bbq.chicken is making its debut at 17 E. Lane Ave. next to campus.
- And OX-B’s will hold the grand opening of its newest shop on Thursday, March 16. This marks its fifth location total, including shops in Newark, Lancaster, and the Short North. It takes over the former Chef Rich’s Kitchen space at 2521 W. Schrock Rd.
- The Hocking Hills Comfort Food Cruise returns one more weekend, March 11-12. Guests can purchase a pass for $20, then visit 12 local businesses to try samples of different comfort foods.
- Business First previewed a new cafe called G’s Shepard Springs Café that was announced for the Shepard neighborhood in Columbus.
- This Saturday, March 11 Charmy’s Persian Taste will be hosting a lunch buffet at the Hills Market Downtown.
- Hot Chicken Takeover and Late Night Slice have teamed up on a new dish: Unicorn fries. Available at HCT locations, it combines their fries with Mikey’s Unicorn sauce and HCT ranch.
- Subourbon Southern Spirits & Kitchen is hosting a Brunch for Dinner event on Tuesday, March 28. The meal will feature three courses paired with brunch cocktails for $45. Reservations can be made by calling the restaurant or stopping in.
This week I’m also writing:
- Chef Avishar Barua Opens His Much-Anticipated Live-Fire Restaurant Agni
- Pastry Chef Aaron Clouse Gives You New Reasons to Visit Parable Coffee
- Uncovering the Rich History of Castle & Key Distillery
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, search for travel inspiration, explore the breakfast map, or…
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.