Image courtesy 94th Aero Squadron Restaurant on Facebook.
There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- It’s last call on 94th Aero Squadron! Open since 1980, the aeronautic-themed restaurant at 5030 Sawyer Rd. near the John Glenn International Airport will close at 4 p.m. on Sunday, June 18.
- The Royce at Polaris announced that it has closed and will be moving to a new location, to be announced soon.
- A new Mexican eatery called Lupita’s is coming soon to 1586 S. High St. in Merion Village, in the old Geordie’s space.
- The Los Potosinos taco truck has moved back to King-Lincoln Bronzeville. Find it at 860 E. Long St. Read more about the truck’s reopening here!
- Cameron Mitchell Restaurants announced the name and new details to its steakhouse coming to downtown Columbus in the summer of 2024. Butcher & Rose will open on the ground floor of the Preston Center (formerly PNC Tower) at 155 E. Broad St. downtown. The new restaurant will connect to the new below-grade garden in front of the building.
- The owners of Pat & Gracie’s Kitchen + Tavern announced that they’ll open a downtown Columbus location at 121 S. High St. in the Lazarus building. They’re aiming for a mid-July opening. That location was most recently BurgerIM; previously it was The Chintz Room.
- North Market Bridge Park has had a little turnover. The Pit BBQ Grille closed its stall there, but the Holy Crepes food truck will be moving in this summer. The Pit has scaled back its other locations in recent years, with a stall at Bubbly Hall in New Albany remaining.
- Watershed Bar & Kitchen launched a new happy hour this week! All appetizers and small plates, and all cocktails, are half off from 5-6 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 4-6 p.m. Fridays (at the bar or standing bar only).
- Columbus Monthly reported that #1 Hawaiian BBQ has replaced Thai2Go at 4330 N. High St. in Clintonville.
- The Texas Roundhouse location at 1540 Bethel Rd. on the Northwest side has closed.
- The Retreat 21 Taphouse at 11443 Industrial Pkwy. in Marysville celebrates its grand opening this weekend.
- The Columbus Fiery Foods Festival is set to return to Genoa Park downtown, Aug. 26-27.
- In honor of Father’s Day this weekend, Aardvark Wine & Beer, Random Precision Brewing, and The Hungarian Butcher have teamed up on a waygu meal. Guests can order a meal that includes meat and two sides, taste Hungarian wines at Aardvark, and join a raffle at Random Precision.
This week I’m also writing:
- Black Kahawa Coffee pops up on the Scioto Mile Fridays this summer
- Los Potosinos taco truck reopens in King-Lincoln Bronzeville
- 20 Ways to Explore Columbus This Summer (Ohio Magazine)
- Coffee and Breakfast at The Sycamore in German Village