Image courtesy of facebook.com/Bojangles
There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- It’s time, Ohio. Bojangles is finally arriving in our city! The North Carolina-based fried chicken and biscuit chain will open at 891 Hilliard Rome Rd. on Thursday, Sept. 7. Time to line up for a cajun chicken filet biscuit and some Bo-Tatoes.
- E Burger, the plant-based burger and fry joint formerly known as Eden Burger, has been quietly reopening this week after a closure of several months. It’s located at 1437 N. High St. just south of campus.
- A 70s-themed bar and night club called Good Night John Boy will open Saturday, Sept. 2 at 906 N. High St. in the Short North, the former SeeSaw space.
- Multiple sources have reported that the last day for The Crest in Clintonville is this Saturday, Sept. 2. After that, they’ll close up to make way for a new outpost of Yellow Springs Brewery, set to open sometime in October.
- MNCHS Kitchen, the stand serving burgers, burritos, and birria at DankHouse Brewing in Newark, is closing up after this Sunday in anticipation of a move to their first storefront at 56 W. Main St. in downtown Newark.
- House Taco, the eatery in the basement of the Ohio Statehouse, has closed up to move to 79 S. Fourth St. downtown, the former home of The Dry Mill. It’s set to open on Tuesday, Sept. 5.
- The developers behind the Scioto Peninsula announced the next phase of building there, which includes a giant version of PINS Mechanical Co. with a 16-Bit Bar + Arcade. The existing locations of PINS and 16-Bit downtown will close to consolidate with it.
- Multiple sources have reported that Ohana Island Grill, a Hawaiian spot with a location in Oxford, Ohio, has opened at 3512 W. Dublin Granville Rd.
- Gyropolis celebrated its grand opening last week. It replaces Rodos European Grill, which renamed and moved to Linworth), at 3369 Indianola Ave. in Clintonville.
- Columbus Monthly reported that KPOT Korean BBQ & Hot Pot will open a second Columbus location at 8665 Sancus Blvd.
- Watershed Distillery has paired up with OHLQ to distribute seven exclusive single barrel bourbons around the state. You can use OHLQ’s finder to discover where the bottles can be purchased.
- Land-Grant Brewing celebrates its ninth anniversary this Saturday, Sept. 2 with loads of live music, food, games, special beer tastings, and much more.
- It’s Labor Day weekend, which it’s time for the Columbus Greek Festival, held at the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Cathedral, Sept. 1-4.
This week I’m also writing:
- 5 Restaurants To Try This Month: September 2023
- Cocky’s Bagels: Bringing Cleveland’s Finest Bagels to Columbus for the First Time!
- Biscuits By Daddy-O Brings Gluten Free Goodness to King-Lincoln
- The Best Breakfast Burrito I’ve Ever Had is at Eduardo’s on Ocracoke Island
- Our Guide to the Top Places to Eat and Drink in Downtown Delaware (Columbus Monthly)