There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Check in weekly to see what’s happening.
- A new donut shop called The Donut Experiment opened this week at 6780 Perimeter Loop Rd. in Dublin. The Donut Experiment serves up cake donuts that you can customize with frostings and toppings.
- North Country Charcuterie is moving and expanding! They’ve headed to 1145 Chesapeake Ave. Suite E (next door to BwN favorites like Watershed Distillery and the Wonder Jam), and are adding new equipment.
- Camelot Cellars and Borgata Pizza Cafe announced they’re teaming up to launch an Italian eatery in their Olde Towne East restaurant space called The Osteria.
- The Ted’s Montana Grill at 6195 Sawmill Rd. has closed.
- Wolf’s Ridge Brewing hosts their taproom’s three-year anniversary and bottle release party this Saturday, Jan. 27. Doors open at 10 a.m. and bottle sales start at 11.
- Actual Brewing announced that they are contacting with Hoster Brewing to brew their signature Gold Top Lager.
- Ten Pin Alley in Hilliard officially re-opens after a major renovation on Thursday, Feb. 1.
- On Saturday, Jan. 27 from noon to 8 p.m., Mozart’s Cafe celebrates their annual open house in honor of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart’s birthday. The festivities include live music, pastry samples, and a ceremonial cake-cutting at 5 p.m.
- Slow Food Columbus hosts a screening of Deeply Rooted, a film about John Coykendall, a renowned heirloom seed saver and a champion of biodiversity through the Ark of Taste. The screening starts at 6:30 p.m. at the Main Library auditorium on Tuesday, Jan. 30.
- Jeni’s is celebrating Ice Cream For Breakfast Day on Feb. 3. You can visit one of their scoop shops that day or pre-order, and half the sale supports She Should Run.
- Cameron Mitchell Restaurants is celebrating National Chocolate Cake Day this Saturday, Jan. 27 by donating $1 to the Children’s Hunger Alliance for every slice of chocolate cake purchased at one of their restaurants.
- Das KaffeeHaus von Frau Burkhardt hosts an all-you-can eat Pfannkuchen Breakfast this Saturday, Jan. 27 from 7 a.m. to noon, benefiting SaveTheCrew.
- The Mid-America Restaurant Expo is Sunday and Monday, Jan. 28-29, at the Convention Center. The keynote speaker is Cleveland chef Michael Symon.
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my newsletter!