There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- Seventh Son Brewing celebrated their fifth anniversary last week by opening their new rooftop patio on their expanded production facility.
- The Brekkie Shack is coming to Grandview Yard this summer.
- 16-Bit Bar + Arcade announced they’ll be adding a location at Dublin’s Bridge Park development.
- The Roosevelt Coffeehouse teased that they’ll soon get into the roasting business!
- The Stack’d sandwich and salad restaurant at 88 E. Broad St. downtown seems to have closed; there’s a “restaurant for sale” sign in the windows.
- Land-Grant Brewing announced plans to open a beer garden in the open space next to their building. They’ve been using it for special events already.
- The Haveli Bistro is now open at 185 N. High St. downtown.
- Veritas has started serving lunch Tuesdays-Fridays, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Fairy Ville, a new spot serving bubble tea and Chinese street food, has opened in the old Quail Crossing Cellars space at 2899 N. High St. in Clintonville.
- Koko Tea Salon has closed their Gahanna location, but will be opening at Easton soon. Their downtown location on East Broad remains open.
- The Columbus version of the Cousins Maine Lobster food truck is launching this Friday and Saturday, Apr. 27-28 at PINS Mechanical Co. downtown. The owners of Cousins appeared on Shark Tank, and their truck locations are growing around the country. Cousins serves lobster rolls, bisque and chowder, lobster and shrimp tacos, and more.
- The Beers & Board Games Club’s annual Tabletop Day is this Saturday, Apr. 28 from 2-8 p.m. at BrewDog. The yearly event features over 100 board games, and raises funds for Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
- Farmers market season is upon us! The Clintonville Farmers Market opens for the season this Saturday, Apr. 28.
- Andy Shaw Band’s Wafflepalooza 2018 takes place at Brothers Drake Meadery this Sunday, Apr. 29 from 12-5 p.m. There will be face painting, all you can eat waffles, and two sets from the band.
- The Bloody Mary Bacon Brunches return this Saturday, Apr. 28 to the Hills Downtown. $15 gets you a customized Bloody Mary, bacon, and a cheddar biscuit.
- This Sunday is the Bob’s Burgers Burger Bar from noon to 5 p.m. at The Ohio Taproom in Grandview. The event features Preston’s Burgers and benefits the Furniture Bank of Central Ohio.
- Bluescreek Farm celebrates their 25th anniversary with celebrations May 1-5 next week. See the full schedule on their website.
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my newsletter!