There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- Hot Chicken Takeover and Fusian are teaming up to offer the Hot Fusian Takeover sushi roll next week. The sushi roll features a seaweed wrap with white rice, slaw, pickles, and Nashville-style hot chicken drizzled with ranch and topped with cayenne-infused tempura crunch. You can also order a version with HCT’s Holy ranch. The roll will be available at the Easton, Clintonville, and Grandview Fusian stores July 23-29, although you can order it online exclusively on July 22. For every roll purchased, Fusian and HCT will donate $1 to Pelotonia.
- Best news I’ve heard in a while: Preston’s Burgers announced this week that their pop-up at Eugene’s Canteen is becoming permanent, while the Challah food truck will be rebranded as Preston’s Burgers at the beginning of August.
- Kolache Republic celebrates their fifth anniversary next week Thursday, July 26 with a party from 6-9 p.m.
- Uncle Drew’s Fried Chicken has opened in the Short North Food Hall, in the stall formerly occupied by Tortilla.
- Los Potosinos food truck announced the addition of a second truck; it’s already begun making the rounds to spots downtown and at The Oracle in Olde Towne East.
- The Table hosts a Breezeway Party this Friday, July 20 starting at 5 p.m. on their breezeway patio.
- The first North Market Night Market is this Friday, July 20 from 6-9 p.m., featuring drinks, food, live music, games, crafts, and more.
- Sideswipe Brewing releases their second annual MojoFlo Hoppy Amber Ale this Saturday, July 21, with a party featuring the Mikey’s food truck, performances from MojoFlo, and more.
- Akron’s popular Swenson’s Drive-In began construction on their first central Ohio location in Dublin, while they also announced a second location coming to Polaris near IKEA.
- Columbus Underground’s Healthy Living Festival is this Sunday, July 22 at Jorgensen Farms.
- Restaurant Week is next week, July 23-28, featuring special prix-fixe menus from participating restaurants.
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my newsletter!