While we love a good, old fashioned vacation – sitting on a beach or in a cabin somewhere – we’ve fallen even more in love with staycations. You don’t have to travel far, and they’re an opportunity to break up your regular routine and see your city in a different light.
These three Columbus hotels have proven to be excellent spots for Columbus staycations!
- Situated in the recently renovated LeVeque Tower, Columbus’ first skycraper, built in 1927
- Part of the Marriott’s Autograph Collection, it marries the building’s original Art Deco stylings with a celestial theme
- Enjoy cocktails, dinner, or breakfast at The Keep Liquor Bar on the second floor
- Located just blocks from Capitol Square, the Scioto Mile, COSI, National Veterans Memorial & Museum, the Ohio and Palace Theatres, and plenty of bars and restaurants
- Opening in 2012 across the street from the Greater Columbus Convention Center, the Hilton is connected by a pedestrian bridge lit up in different colors at night
- Like the Convention Center, the hotel is loaded with local, regional, and national artwork
- Home to the Gallerie Bar & Bistro, an award-winning restaurant located on the main floor, with open ceilings into the hotel. Visit their cocktail lounge for drinks, stay for dinner, enjoy brunch in the morning
- Steps away from the North Market, Nationwide Arena, Huntington Park, the Short North Arts District, and the rest of downtown
- Ditch your car and catch the free CBUS circulator in front of the hotel
- Modern and stylish rooms decorated with artwork from the Pizzuti Collection across the street
- Located on the southern end of the Short North, with views of the surrounding neighborhoods
- Visit Soul at The Joseph cocktail bar downstairs for drinks and snacks, or The Guild House connected at the ground floor
- The Joseph puts you right in the Short North, with all the restaurants, bars, shops, and galleries it offers. Within a short walk of Goodale Park, North Market, the Arena District, and downtown