There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- Cameron Mitchell Restaurants’ upcoming Budd Dairy Food Hall announced their final tenants this week: Boni: Filipino Street Food by Bonifacio, Cousins Maine Lobster, Stauf’s Coffee, Pokebap, and Tacos Rudos. These join already-announced vendors Alphabetical Comfort Kitchen, Darista, Modern Southern Table, and Borgata.
- After less than a year in business, Belgian Iron Wafel Co. closed up at 19 W. Russell St. in Short North
- Perhaps related to the new Budd Dairy stall, Bonifacio’s sister business Red Velvet Cafe downtown has closed
- The new Flatiron Tavern – in the former Flatiron Bar & Diner space at 129 E. Nationwide Blvd. – made its debut this week.
- Columbus Monthly reports that a new Mediterranean restaurant called Bistrolino will be taking over the original Harvest Pizzeria location at 495 S. Fourth St. in German Village
- Daylight Donuts & Cafe in Hilliard is re-opening this Saturday, Oct. 5 under new ownership
- It seems that Hamptons on King has closed, as Junior’s Tacos announced the grand opening of Junior’s Bar & Grill in the space at 234 King Ave. today, Oct. 4 at 4 p.m.
- Cream & Sugar ice cream shop in the Hilltop has closed for the season, and will re-open in March
- Cazuela’s Grill opened their second location this week in the old Mad Mex space, at 1542 N. High St. in the Gateway. This joins their existing location just up the street, as well as stores in Reynoldsburg and Cambridge.
- New Harvest Cafe at 1675 Arlington Ave. in Linden announced that they ceased operations this week
- Ruth’s Chris steakhouse celebrates its return to the Columbus market with a grand opening at 511 N. High St. on Monday, Oct. 7
- The Fuzzy’s Taco Shop in Short North has closed
- Tex-Mex restaurant Chuy’s opens their second central Ohio location at 1481 Polaris Pkwy. on Tuesday, Oct. 8
- Whistle & Keg beer bar opens today, Oct. 4 at 343 N. Front St. in the Arena District
And some events!
- Challah Food Truck makes a one-night return with a special five-course, wine-paired dinner at Ambrose & Eve on Sunday, Oct. 6 at 7 p.m. Reserve seats through Ambrose & Eve’s site.
- The Whitney House is hosting Tacos After Dark on Thursday, Oct. 10 from 9:30-11:30 p.m.
- Ray Ray’s Hog Pit celebrates the 10th anniversary of their Clintonville location on Saturday, Oct. 5 with a special throwback menu, while some of their original crew will be on-hand.
- BrewDog releases their Hawkes USA cider line at Cider Fest, at their Canal Winchester facility on Sunday, Oct. 6 from noon-7 p.m.
- The Turkish Food Festival is Saturday, Oct. 5 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Bethel International UMC, 1220 Bethel Rd.
This week I’m also writing…
- New Columbus Restaurants to Explore (Experience Columbus)
- 12 Spots to Enjoy Cocktails in the City (Experience Worthington)
- 11 Spots for Soul Food in Columbus (Experience Columbus)
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my weekly newsletter: 8 Things to Eat, Drink, See, & Explore This Week!