There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- The annual PJs and Eggs event is next week Thursday, Oct. 24 starting at 5 p.m. For one night, George’s Linworth Diner, Beechwold Diner, Gena’s Restaurant, Cafe Creekside, and the seven central Ohio Sunny Street Cafe locations will re-open for brinner. If you bring a set of new PJs to donate for Nationwide Children’s Hospital, you’ll get a dozen eggs!
- Goodale Station opened this week on the twelfth floor of the new Canopy By Hilton in the Arena District, joining the street level restaurant Central Market House.
- Chicago-based Forbidden Root brewpub is coming soon to Easton. Forbidden Root is known for their botanical-inspired beers; they’ve also tapped Paul Yow, formerly of Barcelona and Hae Paul’s, as executive chef.
- Souper Heroes makes its return for the season on Tuesday, Oct. 22 from 6-9 p.m. at Seventh Son Brewing. You can sign up to bring a soup, or just show up, donate, and enjoy soup! Proceeds benefit Neighborhood Services, Inc.
- Highline Coffee Co. celebrates its fourth anniversary on Tuesday, Oct. 22 with drink specials, giveaways, live music, and more.
- The Keep is featuring a wine dinner on Thursday, Oct. 24, pairing Montes Wines selections with dishes from Chef Jonathan Olson.
- Just a reminder that the Columbus Commons’ Thursday Food Truck Food Court wraps up after Oct. 31.
- Keep an eye out on Columbus Food Adventures tours that are wrapping up for the season, like the Old Worthington walking tour, the German Village walking tour, and the coffee tour. (P.S. Catch yours truly on the breakfast and brunch tours this season!)
This week I’m also writing…
- Brunch review: Smoothies, toasts highlight organic-focused Rio Fresh Cafe (Columbus Dispatch)
- Get to Know Hoyo’s Kitchen at the North Market (Experience Columbus)
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my weekly newsletter: 8 Things to Eat, Drink, See, & Explore This Week!