There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- The biggest and most important news (at least, for me personally) is that Preston’s Burgers announced it will open a brick-and-mortar location early next year at 15 W. Cherry St. downtown! Preston’s owners Matt Heaggans and Catie Randazzo partnered with Reed Woogerd, formerly of Corso Ventures, and Letha Pugh of Bake Me Happy to create Muse Hospitality Group. The new company includes Preston’s, Challah, and Ambrose & Eve.
- Cameron Mitchell Restaurants announced that its deli concept Harvey & Ed’s will be closing on Oct. 29 and redeveloped into a new concept early next year
- Philco Bar + Diner in the Short North reopened last week after a long hiatus
- Blend Cafe + Bakery opened this week inside the new Mitchell Hall at Columbus State Community College
- Tula Taqueria is adding weekend breakfast service starting this Saturday, Oct. 26
- 614Now reports that Yellow Brick Pizza will be opening a third location at River and Rich in Franklinton early next year
- Hot Chicken Takeover teased that it would be adding new Columbus location in 2020
And take a look at these events!
- North Market hosts their Halloween Family Funday on Sunday, Oct. 27 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- High Bank Distillery releases their new Midnight Cask whiskey at a special event on Wednesday, Oct. 30 from 6-8 p.m.
- The Columbus Commons’ Thursday Food Truck Food Court wraps up next week Thursday, Oct. 31
- Quinci Emporium is hosting a champagne and light bite tasting on Saturday, Nov. 2
- The Worthington Libraries’ Books & Brews fundraiser is Friday, Nov. 1, with beer tastings, food, live music, silent auctions, and more
- Tickets went on sale this week for The Daily Growler’s annual Beer and Donut pairing, held on Sunday, Dec. 1
This week I’m also writing…
- Pumpkin Treats To Try This Fall (Experience Columbus)
- 10 Japanese Restaurants to Explore (Experience Columbus)
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my weekly newsletter: 8 Things to Eat, Drink, See, & Explore This Week!