There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- Harvest Pizzeria owner Chris Crader announced that the pizzeria would open a location in the old Westie’s Gastropub space, at 940 S. Front St. in the Brewery District. This is close to the original German Village location, which closed earlier this year.
- Roosevelt Coffeehouse will open a third full location on Tuesday, Nov. 5 inside the Thirty-One Gifts/Bob Evans headquarters at 8131 Smith’s Mill Rd. in New Albany
- Uncle Nick’s Fried Chicken (no relation to me) in Grandview announced a new fried chicken concept called The Crispy Cook, opening soon at 1717 Northwest Blvd. (former site of Acre)
- The Nile Vegan restaurant opened at 1479 Worthington St. in Victorian Village
- First Watch opens its newest central Ohio restaurant at 2 Huber Village Blvd. in Westerville on Monday, Nov. 4
- Cleveland Chef Jonathon Sawyer’s new restaurant SeeSaw launches its full brunch service this weekend
- Dollar General announced it will open one of its urban concepts, DGX, in the High Point at the Commons development downtown
And some events!
- Beers & Board Games hosts its annual 24-hour fundraiser, Extra Life, from 11 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 2 through 10 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 3 at Olentangy River Brewing Company
- Quinci Emporium is hosting a champagne and light bite tasting on Saturday, Nov. 2
- The Worthington Libraries’ Books & Brews fundraiser is Friday, Nov. 1, with beer tastings, food, live music, silent auctions, and more
- Starting this Saturday, Nov. 2, the Worthington Farmer’s Market moves indoors until April. Find it at The Shops at Worthington Place every Saturday!
- Zaftig Brewing hosts its latest cooking competition, What a Crock!, on Saturday, Nov. 2 at 1:30 p.m. Anyone can bring a crockpot meal to enter; yours truly will help with the judging!
- Smith & Wollensky at Easton hosts The Whole Cow dinner on Nov. 20, featuring a 10-course, nose-to-tail menu
This week I’m also writing…
- What’s Happening on Oak Street (Experience Columbus)
- The Worthington Farmers Market Heads Indoors (Experience Worthington)
- Fall Coffee Drinks from Columbus Shops (Experience Columbus)
- 5 Korean Restaurants to Try (Experience Columbus)
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my weekly newsletter: 8 Things to Eat, Drink, See, & Explore This Week!