Boy, I take one week off and EVERYTHING happens! Here’s the latest from the Columbus restaurant world.
- This week Zaftig Brewing opened their new brewpub in The Bleeker development at 119 E. Fifth Ave. in Italian Village. They’re celebrating an official grand opening on Saturday, Dec. 7 starting at 11 a.m. In addition to 20 beers on tap, they offer a full food menu, plus wine and cocktails; their Worthington brewery and taproom remains open, too.
- Chicago-based Forbidden Root has opened their brewery and restaurant at 4080 Worth Ave. at Easton
- Portia’s Cafe opened their new venture, Portia’s Diner, in the old Whole World Restaurant space at 3269 N. High St. in Clintonville
- Coast Wine House opened last weekend at 75 S. High St. in Dublin
- A new eatery called The Mix – Charcoal Chicken opened recently at 4362 Karl Rd. on the northeast side. The Mix features a blend of Peruvian and Somali cuisine.
- Freedom a la Cart announced they will be opening a cafe at 123 E. Spring St. downtown
- Grove City-based Dragon Donuts announced they will open a location at Easton next year. This joins an upcoming location in Grandview, too.
- The Market Italian Village has re-opened after a renovations which include updated decor and new seating
- Cincinnati-based Macaron Bar has opened a Columbus location at 668 N. High St.
- Echo Spirits Distilling Company has started offering open hours at their new location, 985 W. Sixth Ave. in Grandview, the former Four String taproom
- Pinot’s Palette will soon open Short North Paint & Sip Studio at 691 N. High St. in Short North, the former Fabian’s Pizza space
- Uncle Nick’s Greek Fried Chicken has closed their location and will re-open as The Crispy Coop in January at 1717 Northwest Blvd.
- The Short North Mikey’s Late Night Slice shack has re-opened after a revamp
And some events!
- Geordie’s Restaurant in Merion Village has added a new happy hour
- Timbrook Guesthouse recently added a special Sunday brunch
- The North Market hosts the Holiday Market on Saturday, Dec. 7
- Watershed Distillery hosts their annual NocinoFest on Sunday, Dec. 8 from noon to 4 p.m.
- Cheryl’s Cookies hosts their Annual Holiday Festival on Saturday, Dec. 7 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at their flagship store, at 646 McCorkle Blvd. in Westerville.
- Village Lights in German Village is this Sunday, Dec. 8 from 5-9 p.m. Luminaries will be lining the neighborhood, and special markets will be held at the Meeting Haus and in the Schiller Park Community Center.
This week I’m also writing…
- 10 Places to Bring Visitors for the Holidays (Experience Columbus)
- The Stack on Lane (Breakfast With Nick)
- 10 Columbus Holiday Shows, Tours, & Displays (Experience Columbus)
- Holiday Happenings In and Around Worthington (Experience Worthington)
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my weekly newsletter: 8 Things to Eat, Drink, See, & Explore This Week!