There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- Sadly, the owners of Kolache Republic announced their last day will be Feb. 8. This news hits me kind of hard, folks. I’ve gotten to know Rick, Dusty, Doug, Chris, and their whole crew over the years, taking my Columbus Food Adventures breakfast tour there for the past couple years.
- In happier news, though, Florin Cafe will open its doors on Wednesday, Jan. 29. The public cafe from Hans and Joelle of Florin Coffee is located at 874 Oakland Park Ave. in North Linden.
- FoxFire Tacos announced it will begin popping up in Oddfellows Liquor Bar Wednesday nights and Sunday mornings, starting on Sunday, Feb. 2.
- Congrats to the Crimson Cup Coffee team, who took home a 2020 Good Food Award for their Ethiopian Kossa Kobena roast!
- A new coffee chain called Just Love Coffee opened a cafe at 331 S. High St. downtown
- The bar and DIY shop Makers Social is set to open on Tuesday, Jan. 28 at 461 W. Rich St. in Franklinton’s River & Rich development
- A new vegan/vegetarian cafe called 4th & State has opened downtown at 152 E. State St., at the corner of – wait for it – 4th and State.
- The Beeline, a new bar and restaurant, will hold its grand opening the evening of Friday, Jan. 24. It’s located at 3989 Merchants Row at Easton.
- Degrees restaurant, located inside the new Mitchell Hall at Columbus State, is now open.
- A new concept called Pocket Bar is coming soon to 765 N. High St. in Short North, former site of Eugene’s Canteen
- Tacos Fogoncito teased a new location on S. Hamilton in Whitehall
- The Coffee Mess in Hilliard is soft launching a new bakery arm called The Cookie Mess this week. The cookies will also be available at The Coffee Mess, The Public Perk in Hilliard, and The Stack on Lane.
- The Cantina Laredo at 8791 Lyra Dr. at Polaris has closed
- Sideswipe Brewing hosts their sixth anniversary party on Saturday, Jan. 25 from 1-11 p.m.
- Mozart’s Cafe celebrates their 25th anniversary with their annual festival and open house from noon to 8 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 25
- Tickets are on sale for Columbus Underground’s Sweet Treats Dessert Festival, held on Feb. 2
- (614) Magazine‘s Restaurant Week wraps up tomorrow, Jan. 25
This week I’m also writing:
And the third video in my interview series with local food-makers is up! Get to know Luke and Annie Williams Pierce of Lawbird cocktail and wine bar:
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my weekly newsletter: 8 Things to Eat, Drink, See, & Explore This Week!