There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- Dragon Donuts holds the grand opening of their new Grandview store today, Feb. 21. The shop is located at 1288 W. Fifth Ave., and joins an existing store in Grove City. A third shop is coming to Easton later this year.
- The Cookie Dough Creamery at 7227 N. High St. in The Shops at Worthington Place, has closed
- The Pit BBQ Grille, which just opened their second location on Parsons Avenue, announced already they plan to add a third one at 4219 N. High St. in Clintonville
- Kalamata’s Tasting Tour returns to North Market this Saturday, Feb. 22, from noon-2 p.m. The free tour lets kids gather at the market, collect a passport, and visit stalls to sample different foods. The tour is an extension of Kalamata’s Kitchen, a series of books and events designed to teach kids to be adventurous when it comes to food.
- The Mid-American Restaurant Expo takes place this Sunday and Monday, Feb. 23-24, at the Greater Columbus Convention Center
This week I’m also writing:
- Stay in Your Very Own Treehouse (Ohio.org)
- Fox in the Snow Cafe in New Albany
- Wexner Center diner features local, organic fare (Columbus Dispatch)
- Early Birds Breakfast in St. Louisville
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my weekly newsletter: 8 Things to Eat, Drink, See, & Explore This Week!