There’s so much happening in the Columbus restaurant world this week! Here’s the latest!
- Winston’s Coffee & Waffles has unofficially opened at 3589 Indianola Ave. in Clintonville, across from Weiland’s Market, selling coffee and sweet and savory waffles.
- Three notable openings this Saturday, Oct. 17! Preston’s Burgers makes its debut inside North Market, Nile Vegan holds the grand opening of its second location on 1223 Goodale Blvd., and Novella Osteria holds its grand opening at 170 W. Olentangy St. in Powell.
- North Market Bridge Park just announced its five newest tenants this morning: Bake Me Happy, BREaD Bakery & Cafe, Hoyo’s Sambusas & Juices, and The Pit BBQ Grille.
- Carfagna’s announced yesterday that they will take over the old Earthfare grocery store space at 1440 Gemini Pl. at Polaris, and combine their market and restaurant into one operation. Set to open in spring of 2021, the market will feature a pizzeria, bakery, gelateria, cafe, liquor store, and more.
- Cleveland-based Saucy Brew Works has set an opening date of Oct. 23 for its Columbus brewpub and coffee house, in the old Cafe Appropos space at 443 W. Third Ave. in Harrison West.
- A new sandwich shop called Wario’s Beef and Pork, led by chef Stephan Madias, has quietly opened up at 111 W. Nationwide Blvd.
- Addella’s on Oak has opened at 1485 Oak St. in Olde Towne East, serving both a meat-centric and plant-based menu of sandwiches, bowls, and shareable items.
- The Parable Coffee has begun popping up inside Comune on Parsons Avenue, Friday through Sunday mornings
- NAICCO Cuisine, a new food truck featuring Native American cuisine, opened up this week. It’s operated by the Native American Indian Center of Central Ohio. Find it parked at 67 E. Innis Ave.
- This week Gov. DeWine signed a permanent law allowing restaurants and bars to sell drinks to-go
- Australia-based Greenhouse Canteen & Bar opened its first U.S. location this week at 1011 W. Fifth Ave. in Grandview
- And close by, Brazenhead pub at 1027 W. Fifth Ave. has closed
- Watershed Distillery hosts a Garage Sale this Saturday, Oct. 17 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. They’ll be selling limited run and single barrel spirits, plus cocktail kits, merchandise, and more.
- Land-Grant hosts its sixth anniversary party on Saturday, Oct. 17 from noon to 10 p.m. The festivities include the limited release of a specialty six-pack including collaboration beers with local spots like Buckeye Donuts and Ray Ray’s.
- Wolf’s Ridge Brewing gets ready to celebrate its seventh anniversary next week, starting with a virtual bottle release on Oct. 21, and then a special ticketed tasting in the Hickory Room on Oct. 24 and 25.
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or…
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.