Image courtesy facebook.com/genjigohibachi
There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- GENJIGO, the local fast casual hibachi restaurant, has opened its sixth restaurant at 77 E. Gay St. downtown (the former Plantain Cafe space). This is their first location that doesn’t lie along the 270 loop.
- Taft’s Brewporium in Franklinton announced they’ll be reopening on Wednesday, April 28
- The second of the The Pearl Market‘s pre-season mini markets takes placed today, April 23, from 4-8 p.m. at The Julian, 272 S. Front St. downtown
- Galla Park Steak, a combined modern steakhouse and entertainment venue from Cincinnati, opened this week at 900 N. High St. in the Short North
- Multiple sources reported that local franchisees plan to add more than a dozen locations of LA-based Dave’s Hot Chicken around central Ohio in the coming years
- Austin-based Torchy’s Tacos opened in the Columbus market this week as a digital kitchen. Based at the kitchens at 1282 Essex Ave., Torchy’s is available for delivery and carryout only.
- Bethia from Columbus Food Adventures shared online that Hong Kong House on Henderson Rd. is going to close after May 2.
This week I’m also writing: