Image courtesy facebook.com/understorycbus
There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Wolf’s Ridge Brewing announced last week the addition of a new concept called Understory, a beer bar and restaurant, paired with other on-site local food vendors. Located in the old Open Air School at 2571 Neil Ave. in Old North, the concept – which also includes an event space – is set to open sometime this fall.
- A new Kentucky-based taco chain called Agave & Rye will take over the old Spagio space in Grandview (1265 Grandview Ave.) this fall.
- I shared this in the Columbus Alive Food News column last week, but a new breakfast and brunch spot called Another Broken Egg, based out of Louisiana, is set to open at 3942 Townsfair Way at Easton this fall.
- Columbus’ first sober bar is coming soon! The Dry Mill will focus around food and non-alcoholic drinks.
- The Kabob Shack in Hilliard has closed permanently.
- The owners of Momo Ghar announced that their Dublin location would close up for a summer break through Aug. 2. The North Market stall remains open.
- A new bar called Short Supply will celebrate its grand opening at 765 N. High St. sometime after the 4th of July. It’s owned by Justin Boehme, who owned the space’s two previous occupants, Eugene’s Canteen and the much-missed Da Levee.
- One Line Coffee’s Huntington Center location, initially shuttered during the pandemic, reopened this past Monday.
- Kenny Donnelly, owner of Kenny’s Meat Wagon, announced last week that he’s closing down the truck to focus on family instead.
- Tickets for the sixth-annual Columbus Coffee Festival, held Sept. 25-26 at Ohio Village, are now on sale here.
This week I’m also writing:
- Barberton fried chicken at Belgrade Gardens
- 25 of the Best Sandwiches in Columbus (Columbus Monthly)
- How Wario’s Beef & Pork Makes its Cold Cut Sandwich (Columbus Monthly)
- The Comfort of Home in Hartville
- A look at Olive & Thyme Cafe in Clintonville
- 4 Things To Do With the Worthington Historical Society This Summer (Experience Worthington)