Image courtesy Henmick Farm & Brewery
There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- The new Henmick Farm & Brewery will host its grand opening next week, July 16-18. The family-friendly brewery and taproom is located on an old working farm at 4380 N. Old State Rd. in Delaware.
- Emmett’s Cafe announced that they’re joining Wolf’s Ridge Brewing’s new Understory beer bar in the old Open Air School building on Neil Avenue.
- Yesterday Cameron Mitchell Restaurants announced a new concept called Valentina, an Italian restaurant inspired by a fifth-generation winery. It’s slated to open next spring at 4595 Bridge Park Ave. in Dublin’s Bridge Park.
- This is your last chance to catch Pattycake Bakery in its original location! It will close after July 12 to move to its new spot, the old Flowers & Bread at 3870 N. High St. just up the street. The re-opening date hasn’t been announced yet.
- Budd Dairy Food Hall announced its newest pop-up vendor: Cream & Sugar.
- North Market Bridge Park also formally announced its long-term pop-up program, marketSHARE. The first vendor in the program is Rime Time Curiously Crafted Pops, which will operate a stand through this summer.
- Columbus Alive reported that Aroma Restaurant opened this week at 72 E. Lynn St. downtown, the former Si Senor spot. Aroma serves a blend of Mediterranean and European dishes.
- A new bourbon and barbecue spot called Round II is set to open today, July 9, at the old Balboa space, 1312 Grandview Ave.
- Wildflower Cafe in Clintonville re-opened for dine-in service this week.
- The Buckeye Bourbon House downtown on Gay Street debuts brunch this Saturday, July 10.
This week I’m also writing:
- Milkshakes, burgers, and coffee at Double Happy in the Hilltop
- The Very First Food You Should Teach Your Kids to Cook (Cubby)
- S’wich Social Offers Modern Take on Childhood Classic (Columbus Monthly)