The old Laughlin’s Bakery storefront, soon to be occupied by Icarus Sandwich Shop.
There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- The owners of Fox in the Snow announced they’re opening Icarus Sandwich Shop at 15 E. Second Ave. in the Short North, the old Laughlin’s Bakery space. An opening date hasn’t been announced yet.
- Rockmill Brewery re-opened its Brewery District tavern under a new name and concept this week: Bandit Pizza & Pairings. It pairs similar pizzas to the ones produced at its Lancaster brewery with wine and house beers.
- High Bank Distillery announced that it would be opening a second location in the New Albany/Gahanna area in the spring of 2022.
- The Hot Mess food truck announced they’ll be taking the final stall in Hilliard’s Center Street Market.
- A restaurant called Adobe & Agave is coming to the old Wine Bistro space at 8231 N. High St. in Worthington. In an earlier blog post I had mistakenly identified it as another location of Agave & Rye (which is coming to the Spagio space in Grandview). That’s what happens when you try to read signs while you’re driving!
- Josie’s Pizza reopened this week at 894 W. Broad St. The 62-year-old pizzeria had closed earlier this summer before being resurrected by family members.
- The Linden Fresh Market and pharmacy opened this week at 1464 Cleveland Ave.
And some events:
- Hoof Hearted Brewing’s annual Dragonsaddle Day is this Saturday, Oct. 2 from noon-9 p.m. at their Marengo brewery. Built around a celebration of their signature triple IPA, the festivities include live music, plenty of special beer tappings, cans and growlers, and more.
- Nocterra Brewing hosts their Noctoberfest also this Saturday starting at 2 p.m. with specialty beers, German music, a stein-holding competition and more.
- (614) Magazine‘s Burger & Beer Week runs next week, Oct. 4-9, in which dozens of local restaurants are offering burger specials for $6 or $8. The week benefits Star House Columbus.
This week I’m also writing:
- Pancakes and hash browns at The Original Pancake House in Westerville
- Just Bloom School Takes Root in Old Worthington (Experience Worthington)