Meatball sandwich from Icarus Sandwich Shop
There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Fox in the Snow Cafe’s new sandwich concept, Icarus Sandwich Shop, opens tomorrow, Saturday, Oct. 30 at 10:30 a.m. The sandwich shop will make its home at 15 E. Second St. in the Short North, and will feature about eight different sandwiches, chips and dip, drinks, and soft serve.
- North Market Downtown added a new food vendor created by the owners of Park Street Poultry & Game: Tajine House, which serves Moroccan staples in a fast casual style.
- Meanwhile, North Market Bridge Park added its newest vendor, Hoyo’s Sambusas & Juices, from the Hoyo’s Kitchen team.
- Winston’s Coffee & Waffles was announced as the exclusive breakfast vendor at the forthcoming East Market in the Trolley District.
- Antiques on High and Getaway Brewing have added a unique food option: a charcuterie vending machine! The machines feature local products from Weed Knob Acres, North Country Charcuterie, Saddleberk Farms, Black Radish Creamery, and The Butcher & Grocer.
- Red Rabbit Ramen opened its temporary stall at Budd Dairy Food Hall this week, and will remain open through Nov. 21.
- Choong Man Chicken is now open at 1132 W. Henderson Rd.
- MMELO Boutique Confections has opened a temporary shop at Polaris Fashion Place, near the Apple store.
- Columbus Alive reported this week that chef Catie Randazzo, most recently of the now-shuttered Ambrose & Eve, will take over the kitchen at Strongwater Food & Spirits in Franklinton.
- Cleveland-based The Sauce Boiling Seafood Express opened yesterday at 109 N. Hamilton Rd. in Gahanna.
- 614 Now reported that LaSalle’s Southern Kitchen & Bar is coming to 30 S. Young St. downtown.
- This weekend Mikey’s Late Night Slice is bringing back its super-spicy Fiery Death with Hate Sausage pizza exclusively at their S. Fourth St. location – for dine-in, carryout, or delivery – from Oct. 29-31.
This week I’m also writing:
- The Quick and Inexpensive Way to Fill Large Statement Walls (Cubby at Home)
- I Waited 8 Weeks to Try This New Pasta Shape – And I Would Have Been Willing to Wait Even Longer (The Kitchn)