There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- The new location of Emmett’s Cafe hosts its grand opening on Saturday, Jan. 29. The cafe joins the Open Air Columbus complex on Neil Avenue in Old North. Last week Wolf’s Ridge Brewing’s new restaurant and lounge Understory opened in the space.
- Sadly, the owners of Boxwood Biscuit Co. announced last week that they’ll be closing after Jan. 30. The biscuit joint, which started as a pop-up out of Law Bird during the pandemic, cited shortages, rising costs, and other issues for the closing.
- Long-time beloved Whitehall Vietnamese spot Indochine Cafe shared last week that they’ll be closing after Jan. 29 and becoming Racha Tea, a concept focused on tea, Vietnamese desserts, and snacks.
- The Columbus Dispatch reported that the owners of Bake Me Happy in Merion Village have purchased the old post office in German Village at 500 E. Whittier St. and will move the gluten free bakery there.
- Multiple sources have shared that a location of The Yard Milkshake Bar is coming soon to 1055 N. High St. in the Short North.
- Rumors bar will open today, Friday, Jan. 28 at 1071 Parsons Ave., former site of Daddy’s.
- Watershed Kitchen & Bar is hosting a special diner to honor its outgoing executive chef Jack Moore on Wednesday, Feb. 2. There are two seatings – 5:30 and 8 – for the four-course tasting menu with drinks.
This week I’m also writing: