There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Way Down Yonder Beignets & Coffee celebrated its grand opening this week. The shop is an extension of Way Down Yonder New Orleans-style restaurant on South High Street. It serves coffee, a variety of traditional and creative beignets, and a small breakfast menu. Find the shop at 386 E. Main St. downtown.
- Dirty Frank’s Hot Dogs opened their new location inside the Hollywood Casino open
- Late Night Slice and Hot Chicken Takeover have launched their annual collaboration pizza, Hot Mikey’s Takeover. The specialty pizza is available at all Mikey’s locations through Feb. 21. An extra special Ma’s Mac version will be available Feb. 22-28. One dollar from every slice sold supports the Columbus Diaper Bank.
- Multiple sources reported this week that the Urban Chophouse in the Short North is under new ownership and will become Chophouse 614.
- Columbus Navigator reported that Sotto Terra, a new speakeasy in the recently renovated Sanctuary on Neil, will hold its soft opening today, Feb. 18.
This week I’m writing:
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings.