There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- This week Stauf’s Coffee Roasters announced the re-opening of their Discovery District location. Located at 350 Mt. Vernon Ave. in the View on Grant building, the shop has been on a long hiatus, and will return Monday, March 28.
- 614 Now broke the news this week that Momo Ghar has closed its Dublin stand-alone restaurant at 2800 Festival Lane. Their stall in the North Market remains open.
- Boston Stoker opens its new coffee shop in the former Luck Bros space, 1101 W. First Ave. in Grandview today – Friday, March 25.
- The ground floor restaurant and patio at Understory, called the Commons, is set to open next week Thursday, March 31. The upstairs lounge and event space have opened already.
- Delaware’s Speck Italian Eatery announced that they will remain open through April 2, after which they will close up to make the move to downtown Columbus at Gay and High Streets, across from sister restaurant Veritas.
- After an extended closure, The Cielo Cafe has re-opened across from Ohio State’s campus, at 1762 N. High St.
- Two Truths cocktail bar in the Short North announced last night that they will close after business on Friday, March 25.
- The Emmett’s Cafe location on South High Street is temporarily closed through April 1 for some updates to the space and menu. The newer location in Open Air remains opened.
- New Jersey-based Bubbakoo’s Burritos opened this week at 6048 Sawmill Rd. in Dublin.
- S’wich Social announced on social media that they’ll open for the season next week Friday, April 1.
- The Mersh’s Breakfast Cafe food truck returned for the season this week.
- The Hoyo’s Kitchen location North Market Bridge Park is now serving its full menu.
- Galena’s Sticky Fingers Ice Cream Parlor announced a second location coming to 3967 Main St. in Kilbourne, next door to the Kilbourne Market.
- The Alebrijes food truck temporarily closed up for inspections and other matters, and will return to its spot at 1500 E. Long St. on Monday, March 28.
This week I’m also writing:
- Of Bourbon Bars & Distilleries in Northern Kentucky
- Java Central’s new coffee shop inside Zaftig Italian Village
- Lifestyle Cafe, Columbus (Ohio Magazine)
- These 5 IKEA Organizers Made Me Love My Kitchen Renovation Even More (Cubby at Home)