There’s always a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Bagel Street Deli announced that its cart parked at Jackie O’s on Fourth would close up after service on Sept. 24 and head back to Athens “for a much needed tune up.” They said they hope to be back in the spring of 2024.
- From Sept. 13-17 Pattycake Bakery will celebrate its 20th anniversary with a daily raffle, free cookies on Wednesday, and other special goodies.
- The Lantern shared the news that a new coffee shop has soft opened at 1762 N. High St. in the former Cielo Cafe space. Gata Magica Cafe & Lounge will host a full grand opening sometime later next week.
- Speaking of coffee shops, a new one called Ethos + Co. Community Cafe is on its way to 6576 Africa Rd. in Westerville. An exact opening date hasn’t been announced yet, but they’re apparently using Florin Coffee beans.
- And the team from Honey Cup Coffee Co. is opening a second shop called Dada Matcha Bar inside 700 Bryden in Olde Towne East. An opening date should be announced soon.
- According to Google, Eupouria, the giant new beer bar, gaming room, and music venue, is slated to open on
Sept. 14(this will most likely be Sept. 21). Located at 1568 N. High St. in the Gateway University District, the space covers 5000 square feet.
- Columbus Underground shared the news that clothing retailer Homage has teamed up with the Graduate Hotel in the Short North to take over their in-house coffee shop and bar. The Homage Bar opened this week serving coffee and breakfast from 6 a.m. to noon before reopening at 5 p.m. serving drinks.
- Shakers Public House on Georgesville Road shared this week that their space was gutted by a kitchen fire on Sept. 2, and they’re closed while they rebuild.
- A new venture featuring mini-pancakes, crepes, and coffee called SoGood Mini Pancakes & More is coming soon. No details yet on whether it’s a pop-up or storefront yet.
- Business First broke the news this week that Punch Bowl Social plans to add a location in Gravity 2 in Franklinton. The national chain features food, games, and event spaces.
- And 614 confirmed rumors that the recently closed Colin’s Coffee in Upper Arlington will move inside The Daily Growler location at 2812 Fishinger Rd.
- Oktoberfest Columbus is this weekend, Sept. 8-10, at the Ohio Expo Center. The long-running event, presented by Schmidt’s Sausage Haus, features German food and drink, three beer halls, dance and music, and more family fun. Admission is free!
This week I’m also writing:
- European-Style Pastries and Coffee at Creme de la Creme Bakery & Cafe
- Qamaria Yemeni Coffee in Hilliard: One of the City’s Most Interesting Coffee Shops
- Simply Honest Cafe Lives Up To Its Name With Straightforward But Easy To Love Fare