Sheesh. I take a couple weeks off from writing my Friday Food Bites and apparently EVERYTHING happens. Let’s catch up on the latest.
Openings & Closings
- The new Mikey’s Late Night Slice has opened at the corners of High and Vine streets, across from the Convention Center. The restaurant includes a basement speakeasy accessible through their walk-in cooler.
- The new location of The Half Pint has opened in Old Worthington
- Plank’s Bier Garten re-opened following a fire two years ago
- The Bru Burger Bar at 691 N. Cleveland Ave. Westerville has opened
- Eden Burger re-opened after closing for a revamp
- CoreLife Eatery opens a new location at 1791 Olentangy River Rd. in the Lennox Town Center today
- The Short North White Castle re-opened after their site was re-developed
- In Bexley, a new Harvest Pizzeria, Brassica, and House Wine have opened
- A new dessert pop-up, Hey Puddin’, started operating out of Westie’s Tavern in Short North
- Pecan Penny’s BBQ opens today at 113 E. Main St. downtown
- Koko Tea Salon will be opening their Easton location soon
- The Public Perk coffee shop opened inside the new Hilliard library branch
- The RAM Restaurant & Brewery in Short North has closed
- CBC Restaurant is being revamped and rebranded as Oxbow on Short at the end of the summer
- Mac’s Cafe has been renovated by the owners into Mac’s – A Proper Pub and has re-opened
- Get the special Breakfast Pizza With Nick this week at all Mikey’s Late Night Slice locations! Available through Sunday, July 1, the pizza features eggs, bacon, and cheese on hollandaise, with a maple and streusel-brushed crust.
- Preston’s has created a burger partly using Tiger Mushroom Farms mushrooms for the James Beard Foundation’s Blended Burger Project. Try it out and go vote for them here.
- Piada continues to test their new Breakfast for Lunch menu item at the Bexley and Upper Arlington locations, Saturdays and Sundays, 10:45a-2p
- The Peach Truck comes through central Ohio today and tomorrow, stopping at Strader’s, Weiland’s, and other spots. Get a look at their full schedule here.
- The Hills Downtown hosts a Bloody Mary Bacon Brunch from 9-noon tomorrow (Saturday, June 30), and a Salmon Roast from 11a-3p
- Cravings Cafe has started a weekly Wednesday hot dog lunch special, where they feature a special hot dog from a different region. So far they’ve done New York City, New Jersey, and Kansas City.
- The new Linden Farmers Market celebrates its grand opening on Sunday, July 1. The market is located at Gye Nyame Place, at 2830 Cleveland Ave., and will be open Sundays from 1-4 p.m. through Aug. 26.