There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- Pigskin Brewing in Gahanna announced they’ll be closing after holidays, and Multiple Brewing from Nelsonville will rebrand themselves as Nostalgia Brewing and take over the space in the new year.
- It’s the end of an era today, as Mama’s Pasta & Brew near campus closes its doors.
- Chefs Jacob Hough and Patrick Marker from Barcelona announced they’ll be leaving to start their own restaurant, Alqueria, at 247 King Ave. in Victorian Village, former site of The Angry Baker
- A new location of Z Cucina di Spirito has opened at 6584 Riverside Dr. in Dublin’s Bridge Park development.
- On Monday, Dec. 3 Fusian launches their latest collaboration sushi roll, this one with Eli’s BBQ in Cincinnati. The specialty roll features pulled pork, pickled jalapeños, shallots, and daikon in a roll with barbecue sauce and a spice-rubbed tempura crunch.
- Zassy’s Taproom & Home Decor opened this week at 3940 Broadway in Grove City.
This weekend is a big one for events!
Saturday, Dec. 1:
- The Columbus Commons and Downtown Columbus host Santa’s Workshop at the Lazarus building from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. This includes kid’s crafts at the Urban Art Space, the Orange Line train at the Center for Design, and Santa himself. Nearby, the Commons will have hot chocolate, carousel rides (weather-pending), and face-painting.
- The second-annual WinterFest takes place at Bicentennial Park on the Scioto Mile, with local artists, live music, food trucks, and kid’s events.
- C. Krueger’s in the Short North hosts a special cookie decorating event from noon to 4 p.m.
- This Saturday is also Holiday Hop in the Short North!
Sunday, Dec. 2:
- Crimson Cup Coffee welcomes Zachary Carlsen and Jordan Michelman of Sprudge to do a Q&A, coffee tasting, and book-signing of their new book The New Rules of Coffee at the Innovation Lab from noon to 3 p.m.
- Clintonville’s annual HolidayVille returns from noon to 4 p.m. You can take free trolley rides between 29 stops in the neighborhood to enjoy holiday entertainment, crafts, snacks, drinks, and more.
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my newsletter!