There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- The original location of The Angry Baker in Olde Towne East closed this week. The remaining locations in Short North and Upper Arlington have separated into their own company and rebranded as Happy Little Treats.
- A new brewery and coffee shop, Wetstone Beer Co., was announced for the old Clintonville Outfitters space at 2864 N. High St.
- The Central Market House is now open in the Canopy by Hilton Columbus at 77 E. Nationwide Blvd.
- The website for the Mall at Tuttle Crossing is teasing a new Duck Donuts location, set to open by Oct. 1. This would join shops in Westerville and Dublin.
- Zaftig Brewing has launched a Kickstarter to help fund their upcoming Italian Village brewpub.
- The Moody Trudy Food Truck announced they’ll be setting up shop inside The Shrunken Head in Victorian Village, with a grand opening set for Monday, Aug. 5.
- Following a renovation, Barrel on High in the Short North has been rebranded as Fours on High.
- Columbus Business First reports that Chef Jonathon Sawyer’s new restaurant, SeeSaw, is set to open on Sunday, Aug. 25 in the Short North.
- The Keep is hosting a wine pairing dinner with Groth Wines next week Thursday, Aug. 8.
- Saturday, Aug. 3 is National Mead Day! Visit a local meadery that day. Uprising Meadworks celebrates their one-year anniversary with the release of a special barrel-aged mead, Zen Bee Meadery is releasing special bottled meads, and Brothers Drake releases a collaborative mead distilled with 451 Spirits.
This week I’m also writing here:
- New Breakfast Bites in Columbus (Experience Columbus)
- Chili Dog Days of Summer (TourismOhio)
- Travel Tips for Central Ohio Beverage Trails (Columbus Monthly)