There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- Cincinnati-based Taft’s Ale House opens their Brewpourium today at 440 W. Broad St. in the Gravity development. In addition to serving their beer, Taft’s features a pub menu focused around New Haven-style pizza.
- This morning North Market Bridge Park announced its first round of merchants: The Dublin Farmer’s Daughter, run by Copia Farm; Coastal Local Seafood; Market Bar; Momo Ghar; and Dough Mama
- The Brothers Drake Meadery bar is now open at COHatch – The Pub at Polaris
- Lexi’s on Third owner Dan Georges announced that he’s incorporated the signature dishes from Danny’s Deli, which he sold recently (it’s re-opened and renamed under different owners), into the menu at Lexi’s
- Swensons Drive-In opens their third central Ohio location – this one at 5720 N. Hamilton Rd. in New Albany – on Monday, Nov. 18
- Mikey’s Late Night Slice has temporarily closed their original location in the Short North for a remodel
- Morone’s Italian Villa on Bethel Rd. has closed due to the owner’s illness
- Explorers Club teased that they will be taking over the kitchen at Quarry Co. Bar & Grill at 3582 Trabue Rd.
- The Brass Tap at Polaris has closed
- Olentangy River Brewing Company hosts its first anniversary party all day on Saturday, Nov. 16, starting with a pancake breakfast at 8 a.m. and continuing with special beer tappings, food trucks, and live music
- La Chatelaine hosts their annual Beaujolais Nouveau prix-fixe dinner at their Upper Arlington and Worthington locations on Thursday, Nov. 21 from 5-9 p.m.
- Smith & Wollensky at Easton hosts The Whole Cow dinner on Nov. 20, featuring a 10-course, nose-to-tail menu
This week I’m also writing…
- 11 Holiday Light Shows Illuminating Columbus (Experience Columbus)
- Eight Central Ohio Taprooms Outside the Outerbelt (Columbus Monthly)
- 7 Holiday Craft Beers in Ohio (Ohio. Find It Here.)
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my weekly newsletter: 8 Things to Eat, Drink, See, & Explore This Week!