There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- Columbus Monthly reports that Chapman’s Eat Market is coming soon from Chef BJ Liederman in the old Wunderbar/Pierogi Mountain space, at 739 S. Third St. in German Village
- The Sophie’s Gourmet Pierogi truck announced this week that they are closed permanently
- Columbus Underground reports that Mid City Garage, a pizza shop and bar from the owner of Local Cantina, is set to open at 1179 Jaeger St. in Merion Village
- After some delays, the coffee and sandwich shop Cielo Cafe at 1762 N. High St. has opened
- The Clintonville farmers market started its season last weekend as a drive-through market at the Ohio History Center. Customers must pre-order earlier in the week, then drive-through to pick items up.
- The Bruegger’s Bagels at 530 High St. in Worthington closed last week.
- Johnson’s Real Ice Cream celebrates its 70th anniversary by donating 25 cents for every pint sold to A Kid Again starting May 1.
A lot of restaurants are reopening for carryout this week and next:
- Sassafras Bakery
- Old Bag of Nails in Worthington
- Lineage Brewing (adding food and carryout cocktails)
- Bake Me Happy
- Arepazo Restaurants
- Belle’s Bread (May 1)
- Asterisk Supper Club (May 1)
- The Original Pancake House (May 1)
The Eagle (May 1)– just the Cincy and Indy locations, sorry!
- Highline Coffee (May 2)
- Brezel (May 2)
- Cameron Mitchell Restaurants (select restaurants) (May 5)
- Mrs. Goodman’s (for pre-order/carryout on May 5)
- Harvest Pizzeria (May 7)
- Meshikou (May 8)
I’ve also been writing here:
- 10 Global Restaurants Offering Carryout and Delivery (Experience Columbus)
- Making Our Way in Washington, D.C.
- Founding Farmers in Washington, D.C.
- Pre-order pickup Worthington farmers market (Experience Worthington)
- Columbus Coffee Shops and Roasters That Are Open and Serving You (Experience Columbus)
- Food News: Kittie’s reopens Bexley Cafe; Daily Growler and Travis Owens collaborate on cocktails (Columbus Alive)
- Where to Find the Style of Pizza You’ll Love in Columbus (Experience Columbus)
- Virtual Arts Experiences in Columbus (Experience Columbus)
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my weekly newsletter: 8 Things to Eat, Drink, See, & Explore This Week!