There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world; here’s the latest for this week:
- Crimson Cup Coffee opened its new flagship store, called Crimson, at Easton this week. The new shop, with an updated design and coffee menu, is located at 4066 Worth Ave.
- Last week Lion’s Cub Cookies announced it will open its first brick and mortar shop at 1267 Grandview Ave., pairing the news with the launch of a crowdfunding campaign that met its goal within the first few days (you can still contribute to it!).
- Nancy’s Home Cooking announced that they have closed their new diner space downtown, but will continue serving food via delivery.
- Echo Spirits will release their third major spirit, a Dutch genever, this coming Monday, Nov. 2
- The Alibi Bourbon & Cocktail Lounge, formerly the Bourbon & Barley Saloon, has reopened under new management at 843 N. High St. in the Short North
- North Market also announced the launch of Mercato market delivery starting next week Tuesday, Nov. 3. Delivery will be offered Tuesdays-Fridays, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Columbus Underground broke the news that a fourth central Ohio Brassica location, this one at Easton across from Northstar Cafe, will open next summer
- Mala HotPot is now open at 3777 Park Mill Run Dr. in Hilliard, next to the CAM International Market
- A new Mediterranean eatery called the Olive & Thyme Cafe will be coming soon to the old Panera space in Clintonville, at 4519 N. High St.
- The Macaron Bar announced it will be opening a second central Ohio location – its seventh overall – inside Polaris Fashion Place
- Columbus Navigator shared that a new French bistro called Grande Rue was proposed for the northeast corner of Gay and High Streets downtown, original home of Brioso Coffee
- The Worthington Library’s annual fundraiser, Books & Brews, goes virtual on Friday, Nov. 6. The event includes a beer tasting with Wolf’s Ridge, Seventh Son, and Rhinegeist, plus snacks from North Country Charcuterie and cocktails from Wolf’s Ridge
This week I’m also writing:
- Discovering the Winston’s Coffee & Waffles food truck
- Warm up on these heated patios in Worthington (Experience Worthington)
- Sunday brunch at Cap City Fine Diner in Grandview
- Old Hilliard is Your Next Destination (Destination Hilliard)