There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world; here’s the latest for this week:
- Crimson Cup Coffee opened its new flagship store, called Crimson, at Easton this week. The new shop, with an updated design and coffee menu, is located at 4066 Worth Ave.
- Last week Lion’s Cub Cookies announced it will open its first brick and mortar shop at 1267 Grandview Ave., pairing the news with the launch of a crowdfunding campaign that met its goal within the first few days (you can still contribute to it!).
- Nancy’s Home Cooking announced that they have closed their new diner space downtown, but will continue serving food via delivery.
- Echo Spirits will release their third major spirit, a Dutch genever, this coming Monday, Nov. 2
- The Alibi Bourbon & Cocktail Lounge, formerly the Bourbon & Barley Saloon, has reopened under new management at 843 N. High St. in the Short North
- North Market also announced the launch of Mercato market delivery starting next week Tuesday, Nov. 3. Delivery will be offered Tuesdays-Fridays, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Columbus Underground broke the news that a fourth central Ohio Brassica location, this one at Easton across from Northstar Cafe, will open next summer
- Mala HotPot is now open at 3777 Park Mill Run Dr. in Hilliard, next to the CAM International Market
- A new Mediterranean eatery called the Olive & Thyme Cafe will be coming soon to the old Panera space in Clintonville, at 4519 N. High St.
- The Macaron Bar announced it will be opening a second central Ohio location – its seventh overall – inside Polaris Fashion Place
- Columbus Navigator shared that a new French bistro called Grande Rue was proposed for the northeast corner of Gay and High Streets downtown, original home of Brioso Coffee
- The Worthington Library’s annual fundraiser, Books & Brews, goes virtual on Friday, Nov. 6. The event includes a beer tasting with Wolf’s Ridge, Seventh Son, and Rhinegeist, plus snacks from North Country Charcuterie and cocktails from Wolf’s Ridge
This week I’m also writing:
- Discovering the Winston’s Coffee & Waffles food truck
- Warm up on these heated patios in Worthington (Experience Worthington)
- Sunday brunch at Cap City Fine Diner in Grandview
- Old Hilliard is Your Next Destination (Destination Hilliard)
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or…
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.