There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Homestead Beer Co., which has a taproom/production space in Heath and a pub in Delaware, announced that they’ll be opening another taproom inside Cherry Valley Hotel in Newark. The new taproom, and accompanying barrel room, are set to open on Friday, Aug. 27.
- Last week the development behind the forthcoming Grandview Crossing announced the Collective Market, a centerpiece of the new build that will feature a market hall and restaurant space.
- Faye’s Crepes, which recently closed up its original Polaris stand, announced they’ll open their kiosk at Easton on Saturday, Aug. 21. They also have a location coming to the new Bubbly Hall in New Albany.
- And the new BrewDog in New Albany announced this week that their grand opening will be Wednesday, Aug. 25. The brewpub will be located at 97 E. Dublin Granville Rd.
- The Greater Columbus Convention Center announced the addition of Jet’s Pizza to its food court.
- Multiple outlets reported this week that the Giant Eagle in Bexley has closed its in-store restaurant, the Market District Kitchen & Bar.
- Old North Arcade announced that Square Slice Pizzeria will open as its new in-house food option this weekend, replacing Forty’s Chicken & Waffles, which closed last year.
- Columbus Navigator first shared that Josie’s Pizza, the long-running Franklinton institution, will return under the ownership of new family members in a new location. Josie’s had closed earlier this year when the owner retired; it’ll re-open at 894 W. Broad St.
- Sweet Cle-bus, an online vendor selling homemade pierogis, announced last week that they’ll open a brick-and-mortar shop at 447 Lazelle Rd. near Polaris.
- Daddy’s bar on Parsons Ave. closed last weekend
- This Sunday, Aug. 15 in Old Worthington is A Tribute to Fair Food, a community event from noon to 6 p.m. with food specials, entertainment, and activities throughout the district.
This week I’m also writing: