Image courtesy of Cameron Mitchell Restaurants
There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world! Here’s the latest:
- Cameron Mitchell Restaurant’s latest concept, El Segundo, opens next week Tuesday, Aug. 31 at 698 N. High St. in the Short North. The storefront was previously occupied by CMR’s short-lived Harvey & Ed’s deli.
- The owner of Way Down Yonder announced that they’ll be opening a second location, called Way Down Yonder Beignets & Coffee at 386 E. Main St. downtown.
- Heirloom Cafe, located in the lower level of the Wexner Center for the Arts, reopened for the season this week.
- Land-Grant Brewing has reopened its taproom on Concourse B of the John Glenn Columbus International Airport.
- Lovebirds, a new bar and music venue coming to 367 E. Hudson Ave., cleared a big hurdle this week by scoring a needed parking variance, paving the way for it to open this fall. The Lovebirds owners have shared that Honey Cup Coffee Co., the trailer parked in the lot next door, can make a winter home inside the bar.
- Standard Live, a companion live music venue to Standard Hall, holds its grand opening on Wednesday, Sept. 1. Located in the former Short North Food Hall space at 1112 N. High St. in Short North, Standard Live promises live music, beer, and Nashville-style hot chicken.
- Multiple sources have shared that Old Bag of Nails plans to close its Gahanna and Tremont Center locations, with plans to open another Upper Arlington location close to Tremont, and to convert the current space into a new pizza concept.
This week I’m also writing:
Want to keep up with more? Follow me on Instagram at @breakfastwithnick, check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or…
Success! You're on the list.
Whoops! There was an error and we couldn't process your subscription. Please reload the page and try again.