There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world – here’s the latest!
- This week Hot Chicken Takeover announced a fourth location in central Ohio at 435 Polaris Pkwy. in Westerville. The new restaurant is set to open this summer.
- North Market announced that Block’s Bagels would become its newest tenant, taking the former stall of Taste of Belgium. Block’s is slated to open this spring.
- The Crispy Coop, a new concept from the folks behind Uncle Nick’s Greek Fried Chicken, will open Saturday, Feb. 1 at 1717 Northwest Blvd. in 5xNW
- I’m not sure how I missed this, but in December The Pancake House in Westerville opened a second location at 1182 Powell Rd. in Lewis Center, sharing the space with a gelato shop called Gelatolicious
- A new fair trade and organic-focused coffee shop called Cielo Cafe hosts its grand opening on Saturday, Feb. 1 at 1762 N. High St., across from Ohio State’s campus
- Kickin’ Chicken Mobile has settled into a brick and mortar shop at 5413 Sinclair Rd., former site of Leone’s Pizza
- Random Precision Brewing is hosting a Groundhog Day tasting on Sunday, Feb. 2 from noon to 8 p.m. They’ll be showing the Bill Murray movie on repeat and offering special pint, flight, and growler specials all day.
- Brunch returns to VASO in Dublin on Feb. 1
- Wolf’s Ridge Brewing hosts their winter bottle release starting at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 1 in their taproom and event space downtown
- On Saturday, Feb. 1, Jeni’s Ice Creams is celebrating National Eat Ice Cream for Breakfast Day. Their scoop shops open up at 8 a.m., and they’ll be debuting a new flavor: Skillet Cinnamon Roll.
This week I’m also writing
- Making the Most of Your Produce with Misfits Market
- 25 Galleries & Museums to Visit in Columbus (Experience Columbus)
- Get to Know Sour Beers at Random Precision Brewing Company (Experience Worthington)
- 8 Columbus Restaurants for Wholesome Eats (Experience Columbus)
And the fourth video in my interview series with local food-makers is up! Get to know Kevin Crowley of The Lox Bagel Shop:
Want to keep up with more? Check out the news archives, follow our Current Cravings, or sign up for my weekly newsletter: 8 Things to Eat, Drink, See, & Explore This Week!