Al pastor tacos at Los Guachos
There’s a lot happening in the Columbus restaurant world; here’s the latest for this week:
- Los Guachos Taqueria has opened its newest location – its fourth overall – at 1121 S. Hamilton Rd.
- A new pop-up eatery called Ash & Em opened at 541 S. High St., serving burgers, wings, and pizza
- Tasty Dawg opened this week in the Arena District, co-located with Zoup! Eatery at 155 W. Nationwide Blvd.
- Son of Thurman, a small extension of the Thurman Cafe in Delaware, announced they will be opening a second location next February in Galena
- Dragon Donuts opens its third location today, this one at 4100 Worth Ave. at Easton. This joins shops in Grandview and Grove City.
- SuperChef’s announced that they have closed their downtown location, pending the demolition of their building. Their Gahanna location remains open.
- Two pop-up holiday-themed cocktail bars are in the works these days, the annual Miracle pop-up at The Citizens Trust downtown, and now a tiki-themed companion Sippin’ Santa at Huli Huli Tiki Lounge in Powell. Both are running through Dec. 31.
- Columbus Underground reports that Corso Ventures is planning three concepts in Luxe 23 building at 1079 N. High St.: Urban Chophouse, Whiskey Lounge, and Terrace Bar.
- Taft’s Brewing announced that Columbus artist Erin Lee has been selected to design the cans for their new Paint the Town Hoppy double IPA. Lee was chosen from 14 other applicants; cans can be found at local bottle shops and beer aisles.
- The fried chicken pop-up Fried Chicka Bang announced it will be opening a second location in January, located inside Sunny Street Cafe in the Arena District
- The family-run Filipino eatery Kuya Ian’s Bistro opened a new retail venture next door called Ina Marie’s Shop, featuring Filipino snacks and crafts
- Somali fast casual restaurant Afra Grill announced that they will start serving breakfast beginning Dec. 15 at 8 a.m.
- Tupelo Doughnuts has started a new Acts of Kindness Points Program, where you earn $1 towards donut purchases by logging acts of kindness you’ve performed on their website, TupeloDoughnuts.com.
This week I’m also writing:
- Order Christmas Meals from Worthington Restaurants (Experience Worthington)
- Reward Yourself With These Unique Holiday Treats (Experience Columbus)